Designer homes are the first and foremost choice of everyone nowadays, as it gives your house an elegant, attractive and stylish look. It is also a tactic to show off your status for most of the people. Apart from the decoration, stylish furniture and other things, you also need to focus on the selection of blinds or curtains. Curtains and blinds play an important role in styling the interior design of your house. It is not easy to decide which is better but the following points will tell you help you in making your decision by understanding the pros and cons of both.
• Cost – This is one of the major factors that people consider first. As far as cost is concerned, curtains might cost you huge bucks, if you go for an expensive fabric and a designer piece. However, the simple ones are available at a low cost. In case of blinds, the cost is greatly dependent on the type of blind you are purchasing. Most of the times, they are pocket friendly but going for customization options can hit your pocket hard.
• Installation – There is no installation cost associated with the curtains but you will have to hire a professional to get the blinds installed.
• Cleaning and maintenance – blinds require less maintenance and can be cleaned easily but curtains need to be washed after regular intervals and you will have to wait for a few hours to use them.
• Color and design – People generally like bright colors in their houses which are easily available in curtains. But blinds usually come in limited colors such as pastel or neutral which is not liked or preferred by most of the people. Pattern prints, design, colors, materials of curtains is easily available, buy curtains at http://www.yesblinds.com.au/8-curtains.
• Insulation – when it comes to insulation, blinds are more preferred in comparison to curtains. Hence, they can be looked upon as an effective option for saving on your electricity bills. They also prove to be helpful in preventing the entry of light inside the room. You can set the light according to your requirements.
• Privacy – blinds are considered to be more effective in maintaining your privacy in comparison to curtains. It is due to the fact that they offer a better control.
• Control – Making a choice between blind and curtains is not so easy. Blinds offer much control as compared to curtains. Blinds can easily be drawn up and down or to and fro to let the light enter the room but curtains don’t offer such type of control feature mostly.
Curtains are mostly considered as the best option for homes and blinds are considered as the best for professional places. However, with the amazing benefits offered by the blinds, people now prefer to get them installed in their houses. Based on your requirements, you can either select a blind or a curtain for your home or professional use. You just need to evaluate your requirements and your budget so that you can invest in the best option.